Are you a Graphic Designer who is looking for work? Well, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will outline exactly where to find Graphic Design jobs, which we hope you find useful.
Where to find Graphic Design jobs
Graphic Design Jobs UK is an online platform aimed at Graphic Designers who are looking for jobs. Candidates can search through the list of available jobs and apply for the roles that interest them.
The platform also offers useful guidance for CVs, cover letters, going freelance, and nailing their portfolio, which are available at affordable prices.
What’s unique about this platform is that it doesn’t require the candidate to copy and paste their CV into endless forms. They can apply for the jobs they are interested in, and the emails will go straight to the hiring manager’s inbox.
Are you even a jobseeker if you haven’t applied for a job on Indeed?
Indeed is an employment website where individuals can search for jobs, apply for them quickly, and sign up for alerts for recommended jobs.
There is no shortage of Graphic Design jobs on Indeed, as it is favoured by employers, hiring managers and recruiters.
Have you signed up to LinkedIn yet, to start searching for Graphic Design jobs?
Every day, thousands of jobs are posted on the world’s largest professional network, so it won’t take you long to find Graphic Design opportunities.
Did you know that you don’t have to wait until your dream job gets advertised on LinkedIn to secure a role? You can absolutely make opportunities happen for yourself!
Here’s how. Firstly, research a few Graphic Design companies that you really want to work for. Then, follow these companies on LinkedIn, so you can keep track of any possible job opportunities.
You can also use LinkedIn to look up the employees who work at those companies, specifically, those who work in Human Resources (HR) and recruitment. Chances are, these hiring managers will be sharing job postings on their accounts, which you might have missed if you were only looking at the ‘Jobs’ tab.
If the hiring managers haven’t posted anything on LinkedIn lately, then send them a request to ‘Connect’. Introduce yourself as a Graphic Designer who is looking for job opportunities. As long as your LinkedIn profile looks professional and you have shown that you are qualified and skilled in Graphic Design, then these hiring managers will be happy to connect with you.
What are you waiting for? Sign up to LinkedIn today, and get one step closer to the job of your dreams.
Glassdoor is an online platform which allows current and former employees to review a company anonymously.
The service also allows jobseekers to search and apply for jobs, read employee reviews of a company, and compare salaries. This is excellent for job seekers because you can filter out the jobs with lower salaries and negative reviews from previous employees.
The online platform We Work Remotely contains a listing of remote jobs. Here, you can access remote design jobs- many of which will accept candidates from anywhere in Europe, or anywhere in the world.
If You Could Jobs is another online platform which advertises jobs across creative industries. It is a brilliant place where to find Graphic Design jobs.
Click here to view Graphic Design jobs at If You Could Jobs.
Is Graphic Design your side hustle? Do you want to take up more freelance Graphic Design jobs?
Then, we would recommend signing up for Fiverr.
Fiverr is an online platform where individuals can pay for services from freelancers- whether it’s website design, video editing, or voiceover work.
If you are a Graphic Designer, then you can sign up as a freelancer and start offering your services in logo design and any other Graphic Design talents.
Can I work online as a Graphic Designer?
Yes, many Graphic Designers work fully remotely. They may work freelance and take on multiple clients, or they may be employed by an organisation.
These roles are usually quite flexible, as the individual can work from home. But there are tight deadlines to meet, and they may occasionally have to travel to client meetings and other work events.
Which industries need Graphic Designers the most?
There is no limit to the number of industries that will need the services offered by a talented Graphic Designer.
Whether the business owner sells cupcakes, car parts, or cat toys, every client will be looking for eye-catching, informative graphics, which communicate strong ideas and appeal to customers.
So, where to find Graphic Design jobs? Here are a few industries where Graphic Design services are highly valued:
- Manufacturing and Packaging: because businesses need their brand and values reflected in their products and packaging.
- Web Design and User Experience: Graphic Designers boast technical expertise and creativity, which is highly respected by these industries.
- Mobile App Design: the fast-growing smartphone app industry needs talented Graphic Designers to help them create eye-catching applications.
The Media, Advertising and Entertainment Industries: whether it is film posters, magazine adverts, or billboards, there are endless job opportunities available for Graphic Designers in the print media, advertising, TV, film, entertainment, and gaming industries.
- Education: Experienced Graphic Designers can move into teaching at colleges, institutions, and universities, to train the next generation of designers.
- Government agencies: All Government agencies have a large communications department, so they can stay in touch with citizens. So, they recruit Graphic Designers to create leaflets, advertising and PR campaigns, billboards, and more, to convey key messages to the public.
How can I sell my skills as a Graphic Designer?
- Build your online portfolio. The more work you have to showcase to potential employers and clients, the more you can demonstrate your skillset, commitment, passion and success.
- Set up a website and social media accounts, where potential employers and clients can easily look at examples of your work.
- Note down all the technology and software programmes you can use. Showcase these on your CV, cover letter and online portfolio. If you are a master at Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, then these are hugely transferable skills which will impress employers and clients.
- Continue to expand your knowledge, by reading books on graphic design, watching YouTube videos, and taking courses. This demonstrates to potential employers that you are eager to learn and stay updated on industry trends.
- Create your business card, which showcases your name, contact details, social media accounts and a link to your online portfolio. You can hand these out at meetings, networking events, conferences, or even if you bump into someone who works in your industry or someone who requires Graphic Design services.
- If you are someone who only designs virtual products, then branch out and design physical products. You can offer to design somebody’s merchandise, stationery, books, wall art, and so much more!
- Share your knowledge. This will position you as an expert in your field. Why not set up a YouTube channel, create a podcast, or teach a short course to like-minded individuals who are total beginners to Graphic Design?
This will look fantastic on your CV, as it shows you are committed to your craft and you have the authority to teach your knowledge to others.
Read more content like this
To learn more about Graphic Design, click here to read our blog articles on:
- Which Type of Graphic Design is Most in Demand?
- Which are the Best Graphic Design Courses in 2023
- Can you Become a Graphic Designer Without any Degree?
- What Salaries do Graphic Designers Get?
- Should I Hire a Graphic Designer or Outsource?
About Nippy Brands
We are a Rochdale-based Graphic Design and Copywriting company, created for startups, marketing, enterprise teams and agencies.
We can offer your company our expert help on logos, menus, infographics, brochures, newsletters, social media, and more.
All you have to do is choose a package that suits your needs, and then create requests through your Nippy portal. Then, we will deliver your projects in only 1 to 2 days, with unlimited revisions included. That’s how simple it is!
Move fast with Nippy Brands– we will help you launch or scale your brand and marketing campaigns without delays.
To learn more about Nippy Brands, visit our website here or contact us at 01706 318200.
Follow Nippy Brands on Instagram here.
Check out our blog here to read more articles like this.
We hope this article has helped you better understand where to find Graphic Design jobs.